The Acumen Online Rewards (sharepoints)
How to earn points
- Upon joining the Acumen Panel, rewards will be awarded in the form of points if you correctly and completely answer the questions comprising an Acumen Panel survey. These points are known as sharepoints. Questions will be considered ‘incorrectly’ answered if an answer is confusing or meaningless.
- There is no obligation on Acumen Online or Acumen Panel to select any panel member to answer any surveys.
- The activities that will allow members to earn sharepoints may change from time to time, at Acumen Online’s discretion.
- You can earn sharepoints by completing most surveys. In the instance of not carrying rewards, this will be clearly stated at the beginning of the survey.
- Acumen Online reserves the right to terminate, suspend, revalue or modify without notice to you other than by changing the Rules posted on the website, all or part of the sharepoints’ value structure and offers. Acumen Online reserves the right to adjudicate all points of discrepancies as its sole discretion, and you agree to abide with the decision of any adjudication. In the event that the Points Programme is terminated, you will be notified and given one month in which to redeem your points.
- Points will be posted to your account no later than 30 days following survey completion and will be available for redemption as soon as they are posted to your account.
- Members can view their current point account online after they become a member by logging in to the website’s Members Area. This section of the site is restricted to members only and members must enter their user name and password to view their points balance.
- Acumen Online takes reasonable care to ensure sharepoints are accurately deposited in your account. However, you are responsible for ensuring that your Points are currently deposited and you should notify Acumen Online within two months of completion of a survey or prize draw if Points have not been correctly posted to your account, contact us by email, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail:
Acumen Online, Milltown House, Mount St. Annes, Milltown, Dublin 6
- Acumen Online shall not be liable for any losses suffered due to any errors in the posting of sharepoints.
- Acumen Online does not award sharepoints or rewards to members if:
- A member attempts to answer the survey more than once, either by using more than one name or more than one email address to enter into a survey.
- A member is not being honest in his/her approach to the market research exercise, for example by providing confusing or meaningless answers.
- Acumen Online shall not be obliged to make any payment to a member:
- Whose balance in his/her account does not reach 1,100 sharepoints;
- Whose balance in his/her account is under 1,100 sharepoints at the point that the sharepoints service is suspended or terminated by Acumen Online ;
- Who terminates his/her membership of the Acumen Online panel prior to the balance of his/her points account reaching 1,000 sharepoints; or
- Whose contact details (including email address) are not up to date and correct.
- Members will receive a certain number of sharepoints per completed market research activity dependent on complexity and other survey characteristics. The number of sharepoints available for any activity will be stated on the survey and/or through the members’ area of the website.
- Points are earned and awarded to all panellists who complete our online surveys. Often more panellists are invited to take part in a survey than we have space for. While it is possible to stop and resume a survey at any time, panellists should be aware there is the possibility that their place may have been filled in the interim and so upon their return they may screen out. If this does occur unfortunately the survey will not be processed as a complete.
- You can view your number of sharepoints by visiting the Member’s Page of the Panel website. sharepoints expire after one year.
- sharepoints are personal to you and are not transferable without Acumen Online’s written permission. They are not considered to be property, and as such, you cannot see, transfer or assign your Points to any other person without Acumen Online’s written permission.
Redemption of sharepoints
- sharepoints can only be redeemed if you have a minimum of 1,100 sharepoints in your account, and your account is in good standing.
- All sharepoints must be redeemed online. To redeem, you should login on the website’s Members area, then click on the Rewards section in the Member’s Area. Redemption methods may be added or substituted in the future at Acumen Online’s sole discretion.
- sharepoints cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Acumen Online reserves the right to change merchandise and gift certificate offers on the website at its discretion and without notice. You acknowledge that Acumen Online is not responsible for any actions taken by any partners in connection with the redemption of sharepoints.
- sharepoints are non-negotiable.
- Acumen Online has no obligation in respect of any tax due on the Reward given to a member and the member shall be responsible for declaring any income received from Acumen Online under this Agreement.
Administration of Rewards
- Acumen Online reserves the right to appoint a third party to administer its Points Programme and Rewards.
- With due observance to the following, Acumen Online has no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from acceptance, possession, or use of any Acumen Online Points, their cash value or merchandise redeemed with reward points.
Any claims for damages and reimbursement of expenditures – regardless of their legal basis, in particular due to breach of duties arising from the contractual relationship on the part of Acumen Online, its legal representatives, employees or vicarious agents or due to tort – are excluded. This exclusion of liability does not apply to liability arising from the breach of material contractual duties (cardinal duties). If the breach of the cardinal duties was merely due to slight negligence, however, the amount of the Acumen Online liability will be limited to the typical foreseeable damage. The above limitations of liability shall also not apply to cases of liability for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health, the assumption of guarantee by the Acumen Online or any other cases where liability is legally mandatory. To the extent that the Acumen Online liability is restricted or excluded by the above provisions, this will also apply to Acumen Online’s legal representatives, employees and vicarious agents.